The beautiful season of winter is here. It’s the time to get the woollens out and enjoy the afternoon sun and cosy up with family and friends in front of the fire in the evenings. However, winters can play havoc on your skin if you don’t take proper care of it.
The good news is that you don’t have to live with flaky face, frizzy hair, and a dry skin. Here are seven simple and easy to use tips for winter skin care:
1. Hydrate your skin using this facemask: Take some of your favourite cold cream, some yogurt, honey, Aloe-Vera gel, and avocado gel and mix them well. Use a foundation brush to apply this mask all over your face, neck, and hands. Let it dry for about 15-20 minutes and wash with warm water and viola fresh and moisturized skin instantly.
2. To get rid of the winter tan: Winter sun can be harsh on the skin. One of the most important tips on winter skin care is to apply sunscreen every time you go out. One easy way to get rid of skin tan is to use this body mask: Take some fenugreek seeds powder and mix it with yogurt to make a thick paste. Apply all over your body and let is work its magic for about ½ hour. Wash with lukewarm water to lighten tanned skin and make the skin glow.
3. Keep your skin moisturized: Winters rob the skin from essential moistures. To keep your skin hydrated at all the time: Mix 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup olive oil and 1 spoon of grated ginger. Use it to exfoliate skin with circular massage. Wash with lukewarm water to get a glowing and moisturized skin.
4. Tone down frizzy hair: Here is simple winter tip to tone down frizzy hair: Take half teaspoon of hand lotion and work through your hair from roots to tips to get rid of all the frizzy. Comb your to smooth them down.
5. Dry skin winter care: Mix one teaspoon of glycerine in two teaspoons of lemon juice and rose water. Apply on face, neck, rough elbows, and knees and leave it overnight. This is an excellent and easy way to soften the skin and keep it moisturized.
6. To treat dry and chapped lips, apply cucumber juice over the lips and after about 20 minutes and then wash it off. Use your regular lip balm to lock the moisture in.
7. Winter home spa: Take a cupful of coconut oil, and one teaspoon of sandalwood oil. Mix well; pour into a jar to keep for use. Massage well into the body after a bath. This tones up the skin and gives a very luxurious and vitalizing feeling.
Following the above listed easy tips of skin care will not only help keep your skin healthy but also earn you lots of praise for the beautiful and glowing skin in the winters.